Air Charge Temps

KID1F150

I hope i don't get kicked from the Turbo Threads, but I figured I was get the best views here. I was checking my air temps on my Vortech F150, I measured the temps right at the discharge of the supercharger. About 135 degrees just idling and about 170-180 at full throttle and 10-psi. Outside temps was 75 degrees. As soon as I got back home and the Tempurature at the supercharger was reading 140 I shot the lower intake with a tempurature gun and got 160 degrees, where is the best place to check air charge temps? I just had a friend give me a powerstroke intercooler and am trying to do a nice before and after test.

The best way to view the inlet temperatures is to datalog them. If you don't have a data logger, I always used the egr spacer/ throttle body area. I do not run coolant through the egr, if you do your results will not be as noticeable, however the powerstroke intercooler works very well on my turbo first gen. With 75 degree ambient temps I will see Inlet temps in the 80's with 15psi and the temperature continues to fall throughout the entire run. When it is really cold I can see IAT's in the 40's Under full boost. Pretty impressive piece.

Thanks, well in that case I'll try to get the ball rolling to get this installed. I'm guessing I'll be able to get away with more than 19 degrees total timing after that. Should help me out. I love your truck by the way, I love the stock look with the monster inside. :)

Wow, thats making some heat.

FWIW my turbo IATs are in the 145 range with just the stock lighting IC on the street..

With it iced down I see 80 F at the line and about 130 to 140 through the traps. This was at 18 psi.

Back